Ramadhan begins 17th May 2018
Ramadhan 1439/2018 - Activities at Swansea Mosque:
Full delicious iftar meal will be provided every day for brothers and sisters. Make sure to join us with your family.
Facility available for last 10 days of Ramadan for those who wish to take full advantage of Ramadan. Please book in advance, limited spaces.
This Ramadan, let us connect with the Quran.
Whoever stood to pray (Taraweeh) in Ramadhan with perfect faith and seeking reward, he will have his previous sins forgiven’ (Hadith – agreed upon).
Services provided include:
20 raka’ah Taraweeh (Ramadhan’s Night Prayers) and witr prayer in congregation will be held after Taraweeh immediately. A short talk (Tadhkirah) will be held after the first 12 raka’ah of the Taraweeh.
Our Imams for this year:
Shaikh Abdul Azeez Alawajee:
Shaikh Abdul Azeez Alawajee us a Saudi citizen from Madinah Munawwara, he graduated from Islamic university Madinah. He is a former lecturer of Madina Islamic University, and a current lecturer of Yanbu’ ‘city of knowledge. He is Khateeb of Masjid alZahim, Madinah Munawwara.
Shaykh Muqtaur Rahman:
Shaykh Muqtaur Rahman has finished his Hifz and Islamic Shari’ah studies from a prominent Darul Uloom in the UK. Currently, he is leading as an Imam & Khateeb in Swansea Mosque, Wales. He is an admin and a teacher of both Hifz and Alimiyyah classes.
Hafiz Mojahid Ali:
Hafiz Mojahid Ali’s bio pending.
Note: 2nd late Taraweeh has been arranged.
For those who require an extra spiritual boost, there would be Tahajjud prayer during the last 10 nights of Ramadhan.
- Dr M Abdus Salam Azadi
- Shaykh Muqtaur Rahman
- Brother Arjan Ali
- Hafiz Mojahid Ali
- Plus other guest speakers
Let us make this Ramadhan the best spiritual experience for the entire community, Insha Allah.
- All eight positions of the Board of Trustees will be up for elections in 2018
- Proposed date will be in July 2018
- In order to participate in the Board of Trustees Election, you must have completed and submitted your membership form by the 3oth April 2018. (Extension confirmed)
- Membership will remain open after this date , but those registering after the 1st May 2018 may not be eligible to participate at the Board of Trustees elections.
Register Online or Pick up a Form from the Mosque.